Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Play Room Redo Step 1

Way back in July (OF 2011!!!), I posted about my daughters play room here.

I have finally started working on it. This room has been the bain of my existence. Let me share a little embarassing trip thru history.

When we first moved into our home 8 years ago, I turned the room into an office for my husband. In other words, a room for all of his Yankee and Bruce Springsteen "stuff".
I couldn't find a good picture of the room, but just imagine a navy blue room with Yankee stuff all over the walls:



Then, the girls got a little bigger and needed a play space. I had the great idea to turn the "yankee room" into an "art room". I allowed them to paint and create in the room, which only got me a ruined carpet and more mess than I was willing to deal with.

sports room turned girls art room, this room formerly had yankee pictures all over the walls and a blue/grey paint color. It was a man room, but hardly used. I decided to turn it into an art room for my twin girls...... thanks to my husband for giving up his space! , Other Spaces Design

sports room turned girls art room, this room formerly had yankee pictures all over the walls and a blue/grey paint color. It was a man room, but hardly used. I decided to turn it into an art room for my twin girls...... thanks to my husband for giving up his space! , Other Spaces Design

sports room turned girls art room, this room formerly had yankee pictures all over the walls and a blue/grey paint color. It was a man room, but hardly used. I decided to turn it into an art room for my twin girls...... thanks to my husband for giving up his space! , Other Spaces Design

So I decided to get rid of the "art room" and just make it a "play room". That is how it has functioned for the last couple of years.




(along the way, we got a laptop and sold the computer desk)

As the girls have gotten older, they play less and less with all of the "stuff" that had accumulated in the play room. They play games now and are more into reading and technology. They also dislike pink:(

So, I set out on a mission to update the play room and make it more age-appropriate.

My vision was this:

Pinned Image

I just started the process, but have completed a few projects.

The first was a bulletin board.

I bought 4 rectangular shaped bulletin boards at JoAnn:


They looked too plain, so I bought some white duct tape and trimmed out the boards with it:





When I hung the 4 next to eachother, they looked great!


(sorry for the glare..... I hate my camera)


(there's a peek of the bean bags:))

Lots more to do!!



mad skills button




No comments:

Post a Comment