Monday, September 26, 2011

Master Bedroom Updates

I have made a few changes to the master bedroom. The first thing I wanted to do was replace the side tables with something a little more "nightstand-ish". That means something with drawers and a little more room ontop!

Here is what it looked like before:


(sorry about the narrow picture! You can kind of see the side tables though.)

When looking for nightstands, I wanted something inexpensive so I went to IKEA. I saw the IKEA RAST chest of drawers:

RAST 3 drawer chest, pine Width: 24 3/8 " Depth: 11 3/4 " Height: 27 1/2 "  Width: 62 cm Depth: 30 cm Height: 70 cm

It may not look like much, but they are $35 and can be painted and "hacked" like i've seen all over the internet. Here are a few examples:


Source:


Source:


Source:

Here is mine ~ I went simple and white with new pulls:



I added some white shams and a new colorful lumbar pillow and replaced the 3 prints above the bed with a great round mirror:



I still need to buy another table for the other side of the bed and replace my horrible drapes (ick!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment