Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Curbside Shopping

I've never actually done this before..... but while driving home one day a couple of weeks ago, I spotted a table in someone's trash. It was at the curb and I just had to rescue it!

It was very heavy and in perfect condition except that it was missing the top, it was filthy, it was covered in dog hair and it was an ugly wood tone:


The first thing I did was wipe it down. Ick!

Then I sprayed it with some primer and gave it a coat of grey paint that I already had:




For the top, I wanted something soft to put our feet up on. So I got a piece of wood cut to size at Home Depot - it was actually cheeper for me to get 2 narrow pieces and attach them to eachother:


Then I just wrapped it with 3 layers of batting and my (Gorgeous!!) fabric and stapled it all to the underside.


The top was easy to attach because the screws from the old top were still screwed in!





Total cost for my road kill rescue:

Table base ~ free
Wood ~ $25
Primer and Paint ~ already had
Fabric ~ $15

$40!

get your craft on button


Anything Related


Home Stories A to Z

HOG

Totally Tutorials Tuesday

show and share day





14 comments:

  1. This looks so great -- I love it! The fabric is truly gorgeous.

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trash-to-treasure transformations! Maybe now that you've made your first roadside acquisition, you'll be hooked! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The grey is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric it has such great texture it goes well with the caning on the bottom. You've given the table a second chance at life! Stop by for a blog visit, I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute!! Love the blog too :)
    www.pillowthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great transformation! I am looking for something to replace the coffee table I just donated...love the padded top...perfect!
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wow. I can not believe how well it came out - thanks for sharing! (new follower here - xo)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I really like the fabric you choose for the top- great idea! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Saw Max!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My office moved so there is a ton of items that they are willing to give away/sell. I think I'm going to gram a table just like that and do the same thing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great imagination - I don't know that I would have seen the finished product when driving past the table on the side of the road. I have never had the guts to pick up roadside treasures...and have kicked myself later!! I love the fabric you chose...you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Freecycling!! Your project turned out fabulous!! I love the color choice and the fabric!! Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorials Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...this is me and I'm jealous! This is a totally rockin' find and you made it absolutely fantabulous. You go girl ;)

    Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays.

    Jessica
    http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were featured on Fun Feature Fridays @ Measured by the Heart. Thanks for linking up!! http://measuredbytheheart.com/2011/10/fun-feature-fridays-1027.html

    ReplyDelete