Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mia's Vanity

Mia has a great closet with lots of storage for clothes and shoes. For this reason, I don't feel she needs a dresser in her room. So, I decided she would have a vanity instead. I found a great one on Craigslist and it was in good shape but had been spraypainted off-white and I wanted crisp white. I bought some of this - how hard could it be to strip down a piece of furniture and repaint it?!?!?:


HAHAHAHA, very hard!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a good before picture of the piece, but here is what the top looked like when I started stripping and having a mild nervous breakdown:



Thankfully I only applied the "solution" to the top of the piece. After an afternoon of applying it and scrapping off paint, I was left with this *#@!&:



Yeah........
Maybe i'll just prime over the rest of it and paint the whole thing white without anymore stripping.
OK, that's the plan.

So, here she is after some spray-on primer:



And several coats of white paint:




The paint chipped off of the drawer pulls and I just left it that way. It looks fine like that and I may or may not buy new ones or spray paint these again with the right kind of paint so it doesn't chip. I haven't decided yet:



It looks nice with her new chair and jewelry tray!

HOG

show and share day

Running with Glitter

The DIY Show Off

3 comments:

  1. It turned out really nice. I have never stripped paint before and now I don't think I will! What a mess. Glad you persisted though - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did an incredible job!! That is one amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete