Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mia's Chandy

I finally finished Mia's chandy!

I picked it up at the Habitat for Humanity for $15 and it originally looked like this:


After a coat of spray paint, it looked like this:


The next step was to remove the boring light that was hanging in her room:

(I had dressed it up with a butterfly mobile as seen in this post)

Then came the fun part - not!
After installing the new light and blowing out the fuse box twice I had to call my dad and beg him to come install it for me because the house was going to burn down take it down and install it again properly.

I wanted to add a little "bling", so I picked up a pack of jeweled garland from the party store. It comes in a package like this:




Then I just wrapped it around the light and it looks so pretty! I still may add some more of the jewels, not sure yet:




All I have left to do is make a cord cover for it, add art to her big empty wall and she wants a canopy over her bed....... we'll see. It may look too "busy", but how I would have loved a canopy when I was little!!! So i'll probably give in.



HOG

Keeping It Simple

Making


Hope Studios

all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/26}


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Running with Glitter

show and share day






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful improvement....but I clicked over to see the butterfly mobile and love it, too! You'll still have it in the room somewhere, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, very innovative. Good for Dads....

    ReplyDelete