Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Bed

We got a new mattress last week and when we did, the headdboard that I made last year no longer worked. Our new mattress is much lower to the ground and the headboard was not low enough. Since it was attached to the wall, it had to be taken down and completely redone. Here it is before:



To make the new headboard I did the same thing I did last time.
I took the old one off the wall:



I laid my quilting material (cut to size) and my fabric ontop:




Then nailed them both to the wall:


I trimmed it all out with moulding:


And touched it all up with white paint:




I love it; BUT if I had it to do over again..... I would NOT use a stripped fabric. I don't know what I was thinking! The stripes are not perfectly straight and it will slowly drive me crazy:) But, hopefully no one else will really notice.

The DIY Show Off

Making



Running With Glitter



Giggles, Glitz & Glam



button_thumb[12]

504 Main







Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I like it. The trim is really nice. Gives me ideas for finally making a headboard for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo Cute & I love the pillows!

    http://ashtonscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!! Thanks for the tutorial....and pictures. Simply fabulous!
    Thanks so much for joining us on the T.G.I.F. Linky Party at Craft Junkie Too. I really appreciate it and I hope you come back next week to play along again.
    Thanks for the link up.
    ~Tracy

    Craft Junkie Too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great. I know what you mean about the stripes. It would drive me crazy too.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful~ well done! I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of moulding! great idea!

    ReplyDelete