We got a new mattress last week and when we did, the headdboard that I made last year no longer worked. Our new mattress is much lower to the ground and the headboard was not low enough. Since it was attached to the wall, it had to be taken down and completely redone. Here it is before:
To make the new headboard I did the same thing I did last time.
I took the old one off the wall:
I laid my quilting material (cut to size) and my fabric ontop:
Then nailed them both to the wall:
I trimmed it all out with moulding:
And touched it all up with white paint:
I love it; BUT if I had it to do over again..... I would NOT use a stripped fabric. I don't know what I was thinking! The stripes are not perfectly straight and it will slowly drive me crazy:) But, hopefully no one else will really notice.