Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mirror Mirror on the floor

So, I have been wanting a floor length mirror in my bedroom for.ever! Something like this:

Metal Floor Mirror
West Elm $299

Or this:

IKEA $129

But being cheap thrifty, I knew I could find something less expensive. So, I hit my local Habitat for Humanity and spotted a whole corner of doors!! Interior doors, exterior doors, closet doors,  bi-fold doors & even........
Mirrored closet doors!!



So I started to wonder: "If I took the hardware off of this sliding, mirrored door, it just might work. And for $20 it was worth a shot.

So I loaded her up:


Cleaned her up and used a screwdriver to pry away the little wheels and "closet-y" parts. Then I just leaned her up against my bedroom wall and admired her.





A little glamour shot just for fun!



Giggles, Glitz & Glam


Simply Designing



504 Main

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I wondered if you had reupholstered the chair you showed in the photo? I picked up one just like it at a sale and want to put new fabric on it, but the pad is attached and wondered if you had the same dilemma! I need to figure this one out! Thanks for linking - found you at Under The table!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love large floor mirrors and this is such a genius idea! Looks fantastic. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this on Sunday - I am a little behind getting to the comments though. Have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! we have a habitat store near us too, I'm going to have to check out this idea!
    Susan @ homeroad.net

    ReplyDelete