Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Egg Tree

One of my favorite Easter traditions was always making an Easter egg tree with my grandmother. Now, I make them with my girls!


First we got some sticks from our front yard and spray painted them white. While they dried, we painted our eggs. I poke 2 holes in the eggs; 1 pretty big hole and one smaller one (on either end), and then let the yolk ooze out. This leaves me with just the shells:



Then I set out the dye and let the girls do their thing and dye all of the eggs:




Once the sticks were dry, we put them in a glass container with some rocks to keep them in place:


After the eggs were dry, I took twine and hot glued it to the eggs so that we could hang them from the branches!




So cute!
Nana Dora would love it!


My Backyard Eden

2 comments:

  1. It looks adorable! I used to love doing that with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! We may do that this Easter!! :) Thanks for the idea! ;)
    ~cheryl

    ReplyDelete