Friday, March 25, 2011

Living Room Progress

I've slowly been removing the dark colors from the house and trying to lighten things up. Now that i'm done with the family room, i'm working on the living room.

Here is what it looked like before:

I liked it, but I was tired of the red and brown. Unfortunately, with that rug, I couldn't do much else. So.....

The first step was a new rug:
(it's black and cream, so it'll blend with other colors easily)

The second step was new throw pillows:

The third step was new drapes:

The fourth step was new art:

(I still need to add art behind the couch, so I won't show that yet)

The last steps are new artwork behind the couch and (maybe) to paint the room a fresher color, but I can't get motivated to do it! I dread repainting this room and it's high ceilings......

Here's the room now:




(Sorry about the photo quality..... I have a terrible camera.)

UndertheTableandDreaming

The DIY Show Off

Running With Glitter

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really like that rug, makes a big difference in the look of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get the rug? so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually got it at overstock.com
    It's an "outdoor" rug.... I get outdoor rugs bc they hold up to the kids SO well! Anything they spill on this thing just wipes right up.

    ReplyDelete