For the last 2 years I have had pretty much the same 2 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Stop biting my nails (hopeless!)
2. Organize all of our family photos
Number 1 is a day to day struggle and number 2 is pretty much my worst nightmare.
I have 7 years worth of pictures stored in various places.....
* Some are in red leather albums that I can no longer find at TARGET so I want to tear them all out because the thought of different albums makes me crazy (is that weird??!)
* Some are in a ziploc bag (I have no explanation for this)
* MOST are trapped in my computer. Either on the external hard drive or on Kodak Gallery.
The goal is to get them ALL in the same place and in some sort of order :o !!
After doing some thinking, I decided that I take too many pictures. I definitely don't need to print/purchase them all, just the nicest and most important. I finally decided that I am going to use the photo books that you can make online at Kodak's website http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/welcome.jsp
It lets me design the pages as I want them and I can pick the album color and page color. I can even add text to the pages. I will make 1 book for every 6 months and it looks like it'll cost about $50, depending on how many pages I need. It comes out to around a dollar a page for the book I liked and they are always having specials for 20% off etc.
The book I made measures 9x10.25 and is a slate colored linen.
I titled it "January - June 2010"