Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Resolution Down

I've completed the first project on my "projects ~ 2011" list.
Adding a storage shelf to Olivia's closet. It was pretty easy (and inexpensive)  and it has motivated me to keep it up and get my list completed.

Supplies:
(1) 1x2
(1) piece of plywood, cut to size
screws
drill
paint and paint roller

Here is the sad closet before:


I installed the 1x2 along the back of the closet and 2 smaller pieces on the sides:




Then I simply laid the piece of wood ontop! SO easy:


 

(I'm not sure why it looks crooked! I promise, it's not)

I learned an important lesson ~ paint the under side of the shelf. Why didn't I do that? I don't know why I thought no one would see the bottom because I was obviously wrong - oops! I'll get to that........ in the meantime, I am crossing this project off my list:)

No comments:

Post a Comment