Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Easy Recipe ~ Prosciutto Pinwheels

I am the worst cook in the world. I try, but nothing ever turns out right for me in the kitchen..... no matter how closely I follow the recipe! My husband loves Giada De Laurentiis (he is Italian and she is really amazing!)



I tried one of her simpler recipes (with my friend Tanya who is a fantastic cook) - who am I kidding, I watched Tanya make the recipe and I took pictures of it while oo-ing and ah-ing!

Here it is ~ Prosciutto mozzarella pinwheels:

Ingredients

Flour, for dusting

1 pound purchased pizza dough

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

7 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced

1 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach (about 1 1/2 ounces)

1 tablespoon olive oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

* Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and position a rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

* On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 12- to 14-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the dough. Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese in a single layer. Sprinkle with the chopped spinach, then top with the remaining cheese.
 
* Roll the dough into a thin cylinder, gently tucking in the ends. Brush the entire roll with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Place the dough, seam-side down, on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
 
* Cool the roll for 3 for 4 minutes, then use a serrated knife to cut it into 3/4-inch slices.


Here's some pictures of ours:




SO EASY!!!




2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious and right up our alley. I'm def trying this.

    ReplyDelete