Friday, December 10, 2010

Master Bedroom Re-do

Here is my master bedroom shortly after moving into our house almost 6 years ago:


This room really stressed me out so I didn't do much to it.
The furniture was a very light "blonde" wood color that I didn't like, but it all had to stay. So...... I painted it all white. (Unfortunately, this is the only picture I could find of the room before)

I liked the white and decided to paint the walls a dramatic color and keep everything else in the room white: furniture, bedding, drapery):



This is SO embarassing but I am new to blogging and don't have any "before" pictures of projects.......

I loved it for awhile but after a couple of years, I have started to lighten things up and grew tired of the dark walls. So, I painted the room a very light blue, got a larger mattress (which meant having to get rid of my white headboard/footboard), added side tables, new lamps and ottomans at the foot of the bed:





I made the headboard myself and the ottomans are from IKEA (bought off of Craigslist)...... I love it now!

For the headboard, I decided to nail batting and fabric directly to the wall. Then I trimmed it out with wood moulding painted black. It was super easy and I really worried about making a headboard that would have to be "hung" on the wall because I don't have a stud finder and I didn't want it falling off the wall.



My Backyard Eden





Shanty2Chic

Running With Glitter

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!!!!! Your bedding is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I hit my goal of 50 links, so be sure to come back next week cuz I'm having a giveaway!!!!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, your a genius! I have been wanting to make one myself but was a little freaked out with the construction involved. Seriously this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your make over looks amazing and I love the head board you made yourself. What a great evolution! Thank you for joining in the party and sharing your space with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The headboard looks amazing, I love what you did with your room. I'm visiting from Whassup Wed. and am a new follower. Stop by for a visit I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete