Monday, November 8, 2010

Hallway Stripes

I have been wanting to paint stripes somewhere ever since I saw Kevin & Layla's reading room at The Lettered Cottage..... I decided that my hallway would be the victim target.



I decided to use colors that Kevin & Layla used in their home too ~ Sherwin Williams "Natural Choice" and "Rice Grain". I marked my stripes 15 inches wide and taped them off using painters tape:


I love how it came out and it was totally worth the 2 weeks it took me to finish!





Posting to:







Running With Glitter

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Love the colors!!!!! Thanks so much for linking this up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint effect and the hooks with the backpacks are just darling... You've inspired me in more ways than 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I also love the 'I love you'!! Did you make it or buy it? Is like a tutorial on it? :] I love all things relating to deaf culture & ASL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Tasha, I actually just took a picture of my daughter's hand doing that "I love you" sign and blew it up to an 8x10 size to frame. I love personal photos on the wall so much more than "art" that I buy from a store!

    ReplyDelete