Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

My daughter was home sick from school today and I stayed home with her. By lunchtime, she was feeling a little better and we decided to do a craft.
I couldn't take her out to a store so I had to use whatever I had around the house. Here are the supplies I had:

a piece of foam board -

some old cards and scraps of paper -


Various stamps -


A box full of fabric - (I chose this one because it was the only thing that looked "christmas-y")


After looking at everything, we decided to make a countdown to Christmas.

First we wrapped the board with the fabric using a staple gun and masking tape:




Next we hot glued small clothes pins in rows down the board:
(I forgot to take a picture of that step)

Then we used our stamps to stamp out numbers 1 - 25 on the backs of the old cards and clip them to the clothes pins:


We used a snowflake tree ornament to "mark" our day..... we hung it on the "25" and will move it one place everyday until we reach Christmas!




5 comments:

  1. What a cute cowntdown calendar! And a great memory for you and your daughter!

    Saw you at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!! Love those little tags! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. simple but so elegant!

    ReplyDelete