Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mia's tooth




Mia lost her very first tooth Wednesday October 6, 2010. It had been loose for awhile and she finally asked her favorite teacher to pull it out. After several attempts, she finally got it out. Mia came home with the tooth in a box and was very excited about it. Olivia was grossed out and was mainly concerned that she would no longer be the older sister since Mia lost a tooth first. Olivia kept saying "i'm still the big sister right??"


Later that night Mia put a poem on the box that I found online for the tooth fairy:


Dear Toothfairy……..
In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where dreams are made,
Let’s see if you can make a trade.
Love, Mia

After she fell asleep, I snuck in and put her gift from the toothfairy under her pillow. I took $5 and put it in an envelope. Then I put on bright red lipstick and "kissed" the envelope leaving big red lips on it. When Mia woke up the next morning she brought the envelope into my room and said "Mommy, I think the toothfairy borrowed one of your envelopes"...... she is getting too smart. I hope I didn't ruin it for her. I told her that the toothfairy wanted to leave her a kiss and must have looked around for something and taken an envelope from the closet. She seemed to buy it. Rich thinks $5 is way too much money for a tooth but it was fun. She plans on spending her $5 on Skittles candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment