Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Butterfly Chandy

Awhile ago i spotted this butterfly chandy on pottery barn kids website and thought it looked like it was just made of paper and some kind of wire....I could (maybe) make one myself! It would be cute for my daughter's "butterfly bedroom".





Supplies needed:

1. Ribbon

2. Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch



3. Hot glue gun

4. White Paper

5. Embroidery hoop:



6. Hooks


All I really did was punch out a ton of butterfly shapes out of heavy white paper and hot glue them to randomly cut strips of ribbon. Then I hot glued the ribbons to the ring and suspended the whole thing from the hooks in the ceiling:





I think it looks pretty good!! I only spent about $10...... not too bad!!




I'm linking up to ~

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I also loved that butterfly piece from PB, but could not see spending the $ on it. I figured it could be done myself, but I did not think I would have the time. You totally inspired me to do this myself =) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! i just made a paper chandelier this week too. :)
    meagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!!!! Thanks so much for linking this up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete